Saturday, January 12, 2008

WE MAY HAVE BEEN RASH

So I think we may have found a place. It's two bedrooms (I was only looking for one), heat and water paid, with a balcony, and true, it IS more expensive than what I want to spend BUT I can definately make up the difference in what I'll save in gas because it's a mile from work.

A mile. I can walk to work.

Also, it allows dogs. Big dogs. Up to 80 lbs dogs. Chewie might soon have a big, old mutt of a cousin (who shall henceforth be referred to as "Roy" (short for "Royal Pain in the Ass") until I get said dogget and decide on a right and true name).

But here is where we may have been rash. We told her we'd take it. We're mailing in a deposit to hold it. We haven't actually seen it.

I KNOW. Oh dear God, I know, and trust me, we saw some awful places today. But it's clean and neat on the outside (which we learned today isn't a real indicator of what the inside might look like but sometimes in life you just have to color outside the lines and take chances and did I mention the big doggie? Or the very simple fact that they allow a doggie at all? And have you SEEN the price of gas lately?!) and it's in a good neighborhood and the current tenants won't be out until the end of the month and then they'll have to clean and paint and clean some more and, and, and big doggie! Mile from work! (Possible) savings of monies!

And technically, at this point, we've only put $100 deposit down on the place.

God, I hope this works out.


(ALSO, we went window shopping for furniture after we decided on this place and Chad sofa? IS BEING DISCONTINUED. I AM NOT OKAY WITH THIS. That last one left at the store damn well BETTER BE THERE IN A MONTH. And it damn well BETTER FIT UP MY STAIRS. That's all I got to say about that.)

(Ohh, I also found a new mattress I want because IT IS HEAVEN. There was also a clearance of this but because it was a floor model. I would like very much for that to continue to be available in a month as well.)

5 comments:

Duchess T said...

I'm sure everything will work out great. It has to. I said so!

Jenny N said...

wait...who's "we"? You and Terry? This is news to me. (and no I'm not reading into it, I just didn't know you guys were looking for an apartment together)

SLRd said...

Yeah, "we" would be my mother.

Jenny N said...

oooooooh...hahahah, that makes more sense. The way you typed it sounds like this "we" were moving in together.

SLRd said...

Hehe. Only if Dad REALLY screws up and then it would probably be him doing the moving.