Friday, January 04, 2008

THWARTED

"So we going to lunch today?"

"Can't. I have to get out of here at one."

"What? Why?"

"Because my mom was all upset they didn't do anything for my birthday so she announced my dad was taking me to lunch then they're both taking me out to dinner."

"I guess that screws up our plans then, huh?"

"Yeah, it does. But what about tomorrow?"

(Sigh) "What time?"

"After 4:30."

"Uhhh. Yeah. I can do it."

"Look, I'm sorry but you don't understand! She was almost crying! I had to cave."

"Wait. You mean she's guilting you into celebrating your own birthday?"

"Pretty much."

"Well, did you tell her we had plans?"

"I TRIED!! But then she went on and on about not getting to celebrate my sister's birthday because she isn't here and how my brother had to work on HIS birthday and then she said I was her baby and she just wanted to do something nice for her baby since I'm the only one still at home. She even made me a homemade cake with homemade icing and then was all 'but if you don't want it.' Gah! I know she spent a lot of time on it and everything. I really couldn't say no."

"Hehe. Okay, we can put it off until tomorrow."

"Thank you."

"So what is the excuse going to be tomorrow when you call and cancel?"

"Oh SHUT UP. Not you, too."

"Oh? Would it help if I cried?"

"Do it and, I swear to God, I'll kill you."

No comments: