Thursday, January 03, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY THE DISTRACTION

Today is the Distraction's birthday. He's 28, working two jobs, and living at home with his parents.

He prefers if you not mention it.

I was going to get him a gift certificate to Wendy's since he eats that crud most days. I ended up getting him a sweater which we wore today and look very dapper in. I also took him to lunch.

At Wendy's.

Because that is where he wanted to go.

Now you would think I got off light because... it's Wendy's. And cheap. Except our friend the Distraction eats enough chicken nuggets to feed a small battalion of pygmys, though you would never know it because of how tall, stringy, and lithe he is. Bastard. And tomorrow, as an EXTRA SPECIAL birthday treat, he's taking me apartment hunting.

Do I not give the BEST birthday gifts ever? Don't you just wish you could not date me, too?!

1 comment:

Duchess T said...

You give fabulous gifts. I LOVE my right mitten. It is awesome. It keeps my fingertips warm while my other hand holds my hot coffee.

What do you mean I'm not supposed to wear it?!?!?