Tuesday, January 08, 2008

PLAYGROUND RULES APPLY

The Distraction has developed a rather annoying habit. To demonstrate just how annoying this habit is, let me tell you when this habit started.

It started SATURDAY.

And SATURDAY, when it started, it lead to me leaving the passenger door of his car wide open when I went to get into mine, an act he declared to be "just cold."

I maintain he deserved it.

You see, the Distraction? He's taken a liking to fluffing my hair. Particularly until I get annoyed enough to hit.

So imagine my surprise TODAY when he begins this habit anew. At work. Because he's mature. Except today, I was wearing a pony tail. Today, he yanked my perfectly coiffed hair OUT of a pony tail in jagged, whispy strands.

I was not amused.

I asked him how old he was. He said five.

I called him a bastard. He laughed.

I asked him if he was going to chase me around the playground and push me down into the dirt. He said he thought it was a good idea.

I reassert my long held belief that boys? They are dumb. So very, very dumb.

2 comments:

Duchess T said...

He obviously does not know your playground rep. Distraction beware. She'll kick your ass. I'd be afraid if I were you.

Anonymous said...

A further example of boy-dumbness:

I'm at the 'rents, in the cold frozen north of Ohio (where it's really not that cold right now) and trying to use their electic abacus to read the interwebs. The google sends me to an entry from the END OF MAY and I make a comment, because, well, boys are dumb.

But at least we're not crazy.