Thursday, January 24, 2008

WHAT WOULD POSSIBLY MAKE YOU THINK I'M A NERD?

Today, with a mere five minutes slowly grinding away towards the end of my day, I picked up the dictionary off of my desk. And with that dictionary I looked up "insane" to see if a part of the definition truly did say "doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results." (It didn't.)(Don't ask.)

But then I got distracted. Then I started reading more entries and it became a game of sorts. I flipped to a random page and scanned the entries to see how many words I didn't know the definition of.

Five minutes later I put down the dictionary and that is when I realized that READING THE DICTIONARY was the most fulfilling and mentally stimulating thing I had done all day. Five whole minutes that was time better spent the previous seven hours and fifty-five minutes of my day.

And that makes me very sad in my pants.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This post was so funny to me. I really enjoyed it. Probably cause I can see you sitting there, looking so "in to" this book