Thursday, November 15, 2007

(IN)(RE)FLECTION

Today, for the first time in over a year, I saw my best friend Dan. And today, for the first time in over a year, we talked about life and our pursuits, about friendships lost and found. We also found that we both intend to pursue a Masters degree.

"I really, really don't want to attend UC again but they're the only college around here that has the program I want to get in to."

"And what's that?"

"Marketing."

"... Is that what you want to do?"

"I... I don't know."

So now, based on one simple question posed with just the right inflection to evince both surprise and (a hint of) judgement, I'm thinking I have some thinking to do.

Handily enough, he also presented me with the answer. Problem is I'm now stuck with providing the how.

2 comments:

Jenny N said...

screw Dan! Do what you want.

Qzorp said...

Also, what a good tagline. What a mind-blowingly good tagline.