Saturday, November 17, 2007

AMENDMENT

I want to add to my list. I want to make an amendment. I just.. need to talk this out so bear with me. I'll try to make something funny happen tonight so you can (hopefully) get back to laughing at me tomorrow. (This is assuming you actually find me funny.)

It may seems to some that after my last post, I may be questioning some of the more monumental choices I've made. This is not the case. I still want to attend grad school. I still plan on pursuing marketing, probably at UC which doesn't thrill me but if they have the program... because, technically, I like what I do. When I actually get to do it. And I want to keep my current job (most of the time) but I also want to pursue something I've always loved doing, something that, until hearing a suggestion from Dan, I had sort of let fall to the wayside.

I want to travel. And I want to write about it. Then I want someone to pay me for it and actually publish it somewhere that others might read it.

When I visit Dan in Guatemala next year, he offered to take me to an area that was ravaged by the 36-year-long civil war, the longest in Latin American history. He thought perhaps I could freelance, write a story about my experiences while I'm there. And I think I might be more than a little bit in love with that idea.

Now I just have to figure out where to go from here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think your idea is exactly perfect! I always saw you as the adventurous wench you are...jet setting and writing remarkably witty and biting articles about your travels. You have a magic way about you little sister. You'll make it all work. It's just how you are.