Friday, July 14, 2006

WE'VE ALL DONE IT

Well, we have!

Of course, no one is willing to admit it, to speak of it outright. Oh, they'll hint at it but present them with hard evidence and they'll deny any involvement. We all have our dirty sins.

I'm talking about that deep, dark longing. What makes your heart race and your palms sweat, makes your knees weak. It seduces the senses and makes you tingle all over in anticipation. What you only do when you're sure your alone, when you have the house all to yourself without the threat of a nosy sibling/parent/roommate stumbling in on you when you're at your most vulnerable.

Well, I'm here to tell you it's okay! I'm going to break the ice of this travesty and admit my secret sin...

I... Shannon R. love looking up apartments in Chicago on Rent.com, watching Small Space, Big Style on HGTV and then looking up dog breeds on animalplanet.com that would fit the weight specifications for certain apartments (Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever. And I shall call him, "Eh").

The biggest thrills are the links that NOT ONLY give me pictures, but give me FLOORPLANS! It tingles so good.

In case you didn't know, a few of my lifetime goals are: (1) to live alone, (2) to live in a studio apartment, and (3) to live in Chicago. Downtown Chicago. ((2) would HAVE to happen with (1) but (1) doesn't necessarily always have to coinside with (2) and (3) can happen any ole damn time it wants to). In my little fantasy I can TOTALLY afford $650 a month rent, a dog, and to eat. All at the same time.

So it's okay. Even I fall victim. You aren't alone.

This Public Service Announcement brought to you by Purina Pet Chow Brand (yeah, that's a total lie).

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

For the adverse climate conditions and anything else please accept my sincerest apologies. That said I still don't need your pity and Windwagon Smith is still the best Disney cartoon. That is all.

Ed

SLRd said...

Ed,
You'll never have my pity unless certain scenerios play themselves out the way I mentioned yesterday. I've still got to go with that Math Land one with Donald Duck.

Sincerely,
The Management

Anonymous said...

The specifics of those scenarios escape me at present, so we're good.

Ed

Anonymous said...

A Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever named Eh????? You are unique my darling little sister and for that I will always love you. Please forward pictures of this cnandian dog to me for inspection.

Jenny N said...

i have no idea what any of you are talking about.