Tuesday, July 25, 2006

CANADAS ARE EH HOLES

I'm leaving to go camping in Canada with Matt E. Saturday. I have NEVER BEEN camping. It is JUST going to be me and Matt. Together. For 7 days and a 15 hour car ride. Each way.

I have a slight fear that this just might end our friendship (or we'll be fine and we'll braid each others hair all week and talk about our crushes - "No way! I think Jimmy Bobby is a total hottie, too!"). See, he has an annoying habit of getting annoyed at me when I'm annoyed at anything which in turn makes me EVEN MORE annoyed, but at him.

Driving when I don't know where I'm going, particularly in the dark, makes me tense (damnit Dad! I inherited that from you). On top of that, I am, as Kerry kindly refered to me once, unpleasant to be around when I'm sleep deprived, and we're not planning on leaving until AFTER the wedding (which I don't REALLY want to go to. I mean I do since the guys have to wear pink and it's going to be the only fraternity wedding that'll be any fun - yeah, open bar! - but I AM TOO YOUNG TO WATCH YOU TWO GET MARRIED! DO YOU REALIZE YOU'RE MY AGE? WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU THINKING?!) though I'm more worried about the drive home. We'll be sick to death of seeing one another, he'll probably smell (the deal is he doesn't have to take a shower all week so long as he takes one BEFORE getting back into my car), and I haven't been sleeping well at home. On a bed. In my nice, climate controlled room, let alone on the ground in a tent.

The place, however, is gorgeous and I'm going to get to learn how to water ski (maybe jetski? Oh please, oh please, oh please!), I've always wanted to go camping, and I LIKE Canada.

I do know for a fact, however, that if one of us was to not come back alive, it would be him because I'm hiding the car keys.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are going to drive 15 hours to go camping for the first time??? For a week??? So you can learn to waterski and jetski???? (You've NEVER been camping?????) Don't be a afraid of the dark. You have headlights. Think of it as twin nightlights from GM. You are a wild one. Good luck and Godspeed.

Jenny N said...

hmm...not to be a bummer, but you guys are probably going to kill each other.

or perhaps, you'll fall in love. how sweet.

:)

(don't kill me)

SLRd said...

Jenny, we've had this conversation.

I couldn't possibly fall in love with him the way he is now! I'd have to change him first. Not only would that take way too much time and effort on my part for such little return, but he also seems adamantly opposed to such occurences happening.

Besides, if I fell in love with him I'd have to stop refering to him as the asshole and I think he's rather fond of that nickname.

Jenny N said...

hahahaha. good answer

SLRd said...

Jenny-
Matt said a week just wasn't enough time to correct all the things that were wrong with him. (I'm not a miracle worker, woman!)