Tuesday, May 16, 2006

AFV

On rare occasion, the roommates all gather together in the living room to watch TV. On even rarer occasion, we let Katie have control of the remote.

Normally, these strange and often majestic occasions result in one of us rolling our eyes and asking if there isn't anything else on TV, like Law and Order? Particularly when Katie makes us watch America's Funniest Home Videos. I mean really. How 90's can you get? I'm not exactly a fan of AFV, and not for the standard reasons. It isn't because of the cheesy jokes, or the lame host, or the excessively kitschy graphics. No. I dislike AFV for a more deeply sentimental reason. It makes me uncomfortable to watch people get physically injured, like I ate a bowl of living squids trying to escape.

But on this night, this night the winning video involved no sort of external injury, but rather the glorious pain of humiliation: making a desperately white guy dance.. FOUR TIME! It was a wife and husband duo and she brilliantly had control of the camera. I guess the premis is they play a little game of locking each other out of the house/car and making one another dance to gain entrance. Four times she locked him out and four times his response was nearly identical: a plaintive whine of, "COME ON!" EVERY TIME! One time she locked him out when it was raining, another time she managed to lock him out of the car.. twice.. in the same day.

Well, we roommates have made a habit of copying this game. Namely I lock Katie out of the house. We really do it more for the "come on!" aspect of the whole scenerio but it is fun to watch her attempt the running man. Tonight I even made her do the shopping cart which can be viewed here. (if you're at work, make sure your volume is up REALLY loud)

COME ON! I really doesn't get old.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey AFV isn't that bad. Chris is the one who got me hooked on it anyway. Besides when you are having a rough day it turns it all around with a great laugh. I mean you can't help but laugh at when someone walks into a glass door (which my cousin has done by-the-way) or tries to get out of a boat and ends up tipping the thing over. Pain does not equal beauty, it equals laughter! This is probably one of the reasons I enjoy MXC also.