Friday, May 19, 2006

ACIDY SPIT

I recently started using a new facewash, Clean & Clear: Continuous Control ACNE CLEANSER, with 10% Benzoyl Peroxide (highest concentration you can get, bitches!) to TRY and take care of the adult-onset acne that I so conveniently PHOTOSHOP OUT OF THE PICTURES I POST ON HERE. Is that lying? Mayhaps. Cheating? Most definately, but it's for your protection as well as mine and I haven't gone to FIVE YEARS OF DESIGN SCHOOL FOR NOTHING!

But I digress.

Anyway, this new facewash has a smidge of a chance of drying out my skin. Namely: "skin irritation may occur, characterized by redness, burning, itching, peeling, or possibly swelling."

My skin is starting to FLAKE OFF! EVEN WHEN I PUT LOTION ON! Remember the dinosaur from Jurassic Park with the acidy spit? Sort of like what I imagine would happen to my skin if I had a run-in with that little bastard. BUT! I am totally willing to put up with this if it leads to a marked improvement because let's be honest. I would stick my head in a VAT of acidy spit if it meant nothing more than A MARKED IMPROVEMENT.

So last night, after the "Bridesmaid's Dinner" (my ass, Jenny), I washed my face with said creamy white facewash and laid down to get some much needed sleep, but nary did I close my eyes that my face started to hurt from the dryness. It wasn't so much burning as it was tightness. So I dragged myself out of bed and slathered on some face lotion. THAT is when the burning started. Not all over my face though. Just UNDER MY EYES!! THE MOST SENSATIVE PART OF MY FACE IS B-U-R-N-I-N-G! In tiny little strips of skin. So me, being the take action sort of gal that I am, I went to sleep with my eyes on fire.

And I'm cutting back that facewash to once a day until the fresh underlayer of skin comes in.

3 comments:

Jenny N said...

I thought it would be more tame! It wasn't really that wild anyway.


(I tried to post this like 10 times, but it didn't work)

Anonymous said...

Puffy and Jessica use Pro-Activ. What they use isn't good enough for you????

SLRd said...

It's expensive woman!