Friday, August 24, 2007

TONGUE TIED

It migth be common knowledge but I'll say it again anyway. I like living alone. I like it so much that I'm pretty damn sure I just might love it. In fact, I know I do. I love it. I LOVE living alone. And do you know why I love living alone? Because you see that mess over there? That's my mess, which is SO VERY MUCH EASIER to clean up than your mess.

Also, I like my time to myself, whether it be idly wasted or enthusiastically spent because, see, it takes quite a lot of effort for me to be charming and lovely all day at work with people I like. It is exceptionally taxing if I don't like them.

That means that at the end of the day, I'm generally not in the mood to make "small talk" or "chit chat." That means, generally, my brain, she is on auto-pilot and that annoyed expression accompanied by glazed over eyes is not exactly a sign of rapt attention.

But that is only most days.

Then there are some days when I'm feeling lonely. Some days when I'm in serious need of someone who can take my mucusy, vomit-like expulsion of words. But not only take them. What I need is someone who won't judge me for them. And as much as I love my group of friends, it is for that reason that I feel spent and tired and used. I'm not particularly in the mood to become gossip fodder.

Despite that I dont want to be alone tonight.

Yet here I am, home alone tonight renting movies, Pan's Labyrinth and My Super Ex-Girlfriend. Oh, shut up. Don't judge me. I'm in a wee bit of need of some guy bashing tonight, because not only did my plans fall through but every freaking one of you available to hang out with is doing bachelor party stuff, which, yes, I'm happy for you but it's a well documented fact that I DON'T LIKE WEDDINGS and I could definately use to not be by myself tonight.

And that really sucks.

No comments: