Thursday, August 30, 2007

A LITTLE OFF THE TOP

I have two checking accounts. They're through the same bank and the entire reason I even have two is because I was the treasurer for my senior capstone college project.

There is about $45 left in that second account.

I graduated a year ago.

My mother has suggested I embezzled the money. Skimmed a little off the top, which is entirely unfair. I didn't skim from the top. I simply forgot to return from the bottom.

I HAD PLANNED TO! Honest! But things got hectic! And there was going to be a fee to close the account so soon after opening it! And really, everyone was only going to get back $1.25 and that just wasn't worth the effort. I only had the ONE CHANCE to get everyone together in ONE PLACE, and I failed.

Mom called it blood money.

I hold firm that I bled PLENTY for that God forsaken major and those pretentious pricks. I'm just saying.

So I made a decision. I am now going to take $50 from every paycheck and put it in that account. I'm considering the $45 a starter fee, restitution, blood money. AND MY CONSCIENCE IS CLEAR MOTHER!

With that money I'm going to buy myself a camera. Probably a Rebel. You know, a little something pretty.

Because I deserve it.

3 comments:

SLRd said...

Oh, for the love of...

Go, go Gadget math skills. $1.50! They would have gotten back $1.50, which, now that I think about it WOULD have been worth the effort.

My bad.

Jenny N said...

so you're embezzling? :)

SLRd said...

It's funny you say that because I AM NOT.

Humph.