Wednesday, August 29, 2007

MOTIVATIONAL SPEAKERS

Monday evening, as I was returning from my workout, I happened upon an older neighbor of mine. She was standing on her stoop and watering her flowers from a gallon jug. Not so much watering, actually, as DOUSING THEM AS IF THEY WERE ON FIRE.

She glanced at me, assessing my sweat stained tank top, and smiled warmly.

"You walk this hill every day you'll lose it."

Tuesday evening, as I was returning from my workout, I happened upon another neighbor of mine, this one the father of a young child. He seemed to be tarring the roof of his garage.

"You're dedicate," he said, looking down at me as he slide the broom (or squeegee or whatever the hell they use to tar roofs) gracefully back and forth.

"Pardon?"

"I said your dedicated. You're out here no matter how hot it is." (Which is not ENTIRELY true since I most certainly was NOT out there when the temperature was 102.)

Wednesday evening, as I was returning from my workout, a young woman in a van happened upon me.

"You're working out, aren't you?"

Why, yes. I suppose I am.

"I teach free, they're free, aerobics classes at the Mt. Auburn Recreation Center. You should check it out."

And I did.

And it'll cost me $15 to become a member FOR THE REST OF THE YEAR (which is less than HALF of what I paid A MONTH at the PLACE I WORK FOR).

And they have a pool.

(( jig ))

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Rock on!!!! Why to get a good deal.


Enjoy your rice.