Monday, September 03, 2007

KINKY EXPERIMENTATION

Oh Lawdy was my weekend wild.

Uncouth. Uncivilized. An exercise in futility.

You see, fair reader, I hate my hair. H-a-t-e. HATE-HATE-HATE-LOATHE-DETEST-HATE.

"But why?!" you might be screaming at your computer screen. Who WOULDN'T want thin, fine, oily yet frizzy, slightly wavy (but not in a good way) hair?

I made a decision this weekend that rather than fight with that oh so slight wave in my hair I should just accept the fact that my hair is just not pin-straight (or even at all managable) like Bean's. I should try to work with what God has given me.

"I don't mean to start any blasphemous rumors/but I think that God has a sick sense of humor." (not sure about the name of the band)

After spending a shit ton of money on "product" for my hair, I made an attempt to curl it.

Sigh.

I KNOW better. I know better than to think my hair will do ANYTHING AT ALL FAVORABLE when confronted with a heated chunk of metal.

So then I made an attempt to let it air dry.

With mixed results. Yeah, it sort of curled, but it was also sort of crunchy and looked like it needed brushed. Badly.

And now? Now I'm just looking for suggestions. HELP ME!

5 comments:

Jenny N said...

get a perm? Ask a hairstylist what do to?

Anonymous said...

Hmm. I suppose the "get out the electric razor" approach probably won't work, will it?

--andrew

SLRd said...

Don't think I haven't thought about or threatened that, though I certainly don't believe I could pull it off.

Anonymous said...

Since I have such awesome hair and all--it's not better product you need, it's better equipment. You can straighten any head of hair with a Chi flatiron.

SLRd said...

Oh Jane. If only it were that easy.

I think the biggest problem is that it's in that between style stage where it's not short enough or long enough and I'd like to grow it out, so even straightening it looks... how do I put this delicately? Appalling? Grotesque? Repugnant?

I think you see my problem.