Monday, September 24, 2007

THE EVOLUTION OF A PROJECT

4.5 weeks before due date:
"Put these two massive projects on your to-do list. They both need to be done in 4 weeks."


3.5 weeks before due date:
"Take off one of those massive projects. We're going to save it until January."


2.5 weeks before due date:
"My bad. Put that project back on your to-do list. How are you coming with that other massive project?"


2 weeks before due date:
"Remember that project I had you remove but then we added it back on? I need three or four examples. Tomorrow. Oh, and I'm sure you have plenty of time to add two more massive projects to your list along with all the other little things you are required to do every week."

"Ohhh. Yeah. That other pain in the butt project you work on regularly is due now too, isn't it? It's due in four weeks? Make it two. What? Why would you think I hate you?"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're going to do all of the massive projects wonderfully. I'm not so sure about the stress level but the projects will be great.

Anonymous said...

You mean it doesn't stop when I get out of grad school?

DAMNIT!