Monday, July 23, 2007

TORTURE IN PRESENT FORM

There is a running debate throughout the immediate family right now and it seems as though it might be tearing a rift between us.

See, Tiff and I went in together to buy Bean's wedding gift.

Bean's bridal shower (the one I'll actually be at) is this coming weekend.

Tiff will not be as this shower.

Bean is all hot to trot and would be exceptionally pleased if we told her to have her way with the crappy red wrapping paper. Now, as much fun as it is place something tempting in front of Bean's face and then repeatedly, oft times in a sing song voice, tell her she can't have it, Tiff and I were planning on putting her out of her misery and just letting her have it at this coming shower.

Mom thinks we should wait until Tiff is home since she bought the present too and part of the joy of the thing (the thing is called "giving" and you could do more of it in my general direction as a matter of fact) is watching the evil, greedy gleam in Bean's eyes as she tears bloody savage into the paper.

Needless to say, Bean is not thrilled by this plan.

So, I'm rather at a loss about what to do. Should I just end her pain and suffering and give her the damn present this weekend like God intended or should I milk her torment for all it is worth?

Milk it? Really? Well, alright. If you say so.

2 comments:

Jaymie said...

That is so not right!

Anonymous said...

I will call you so we can discuss ina not-so-public forum.

Hi Bean!