Tuesday, July 31, 2007

IF I SAY IT ENOUGH TIMES

Alright kids. I'm done with my book. Which means I'm down a distraction from this wedding coming up in nary two weeks. Don't get me wrong. I'm as happy as I can be for Bean and Bob, my dress shows A LOT of titty, and I get to see Tiff in just over a week (plus two days off work - unpaid but I'll take what I can get).

I'm just... frustrated.

Again with this line, huh? Well, feel free to depart if you have to and I shall continue tomorrow with made-up stories about anchovies. TUNE IN THEN!

Anyway, I'm frustrated. And I don't want to be. But, God damnit if I don't REALLY want to go to yet another wedding alone, particularly one I can't really run away from (um, yes, that has actually happened). And no, I can't ask anyone to go with me. There isn't anyone I want to go with and God that would be like torture for someone who knew no one in my family. Yes, they're nice, but it isn't exactly polite for me to stick you with my dad and future brother-in-laws while I run off for a manicure and oh, by the way, could you help cook for the rehersal dinner while you're there and with no hope of getting any since I'm not interested in you I simply asked you along so I wouldn't be alone at another one of these effing things.

I'll be fine. I know I'll be fine. I'll have Tiff and Trini and a bottle of wine. I'll be fine.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

One bottle of wine? You must think I'm a cheap date! We will have multiple bottles of wine! Love you and see you in 7 days!

SLRd said...

For me, Tiff. A bottle of wine for me.