Tuesday, June 26, 2007

BYE BYE BISHOP HOUSE

It's official.

I'm moving.

No, not to Columbus. Not yet anyway.

I told my neighbors today I would be taking the one bedroom apartment on the street behind the street I'm currently living on. (I could maybe even get a dog!!! I won't because I wouldn't be able to come home to let him out over lunch but I COULD and that is certainly a step in the right direction.) The place is more than I want to spend but they're willing to go month-by-month with me. Because they heart me.

This weekend marks the official end to the Bishop House, the end of a four year run. I love this house. I will miss this house. I will not have a place nearly as cool as this house for a long, long time. In the whole time I've been here, there has only been one place I've deemed cooler than the Bishop House. This is the house that made me love front porches. My friends and I solved all the world's problems on that front porch, often talking deep into the night, drinking and smoking cigars. It was on this porch that the very first uttering for a girl pyramid passed through Asshole Matt's lips. And it was on this porch that I took this picture:



Yes. It was me who gave Marta the appearance of real boobs of her very own.

I guess this is a long winded way of telling you that while I'll miss this house and, yes, these were some awesome years here in the beautiful, glorious Bishop House, I can't very well leave without having one last cookout.

Yeah, cookout. On Saturday. At 8 p.m.

I made this announcement on Facebook but, in case you're like me and you don't check Facebook everyday (Seriously kids! Pick up a phone and CALL ME.) I'm announcing it here too.

Bring beer and a side dish because my rent is going up.

2 comments:

Jenny N said...

does he have any other apts? What's the neighbor's company called? Do they have a website?

lily gams said...

Damn I look hot. Wish I could be there for one last cook out. I miss that place so much. xoxoxo