Monday, May 12, 2008

THE REAL TRAGEDY OF IT ALL

Dear, sweet Interwebs, did you know I was fallible? Human? Prone to fits of stupidity and naivety? BECAUSE I SURE AS HELL DIDN'T. Why didn't anyone TELL ME?!

And now here I sit, shocked and dismayed. Appalled even. Because Bachelor #10? Did you know he was a player? Because he is. Oh hardcore he is AND I FELL FOR IT. But worse yet, I didn't REALIZE UNTIL THIS M-O-R-N-I-N-G that I fell for it.

But! But! But! Get this! He's a NERD! A genuine nerd! The man is a professional BAND GEEK for crying out loud! He used to be into D&D! He had a mullet in high school! (His defense on that one was it was the early 90s. Yes, he's that much older than me.) Geeks are not SUPPOSED to be smooth or charming or gut-wrenchingly funny! HE CHEATED!!!! I was not properly warned! And it is one thing, Dear Interwebs, to be duped and fall for a line in the moment but to not REALIZE it was a line until 36 hours later?!

I... am ashamed.

And the real tragedy of it all and the one thing that should have been the clearest indicator that I was maybe dealing with a professional? He is a really, really, REALLY good kisser. Like, good enough that if he DOES call back (which, like I said yesterday, I'm not really expecting) I might be seriously tempted to hang out with him again just FOR the kissing.

HELLO, INTERWEBS. I AM 25 FREAKING YEARS OLD AND I STILL NEED A CHAPERONE.

At least the second time around I'll be more skeptical, right? Right? Hello??? F*ck.

3 comments:

Jenny N said...

How do you know he's a player?

SLRd said...

I'd really rather not say.

Michael said...

Egads... he's good at other things, too, isn't he?










He puts the toilet seat back down, is what I'm sayin'.