Tuesday, May 27, 2008

IN NEED OF A NEW NICKNAME

After a wonderful third date Thursday evening of dinner and pool and questions and flirting and him (finally) kissing me, I had a pretty strong gut feeling this weekend that Bachelor #9 would be sticking around for some time.

Last night confirmed it.

Not only did he not call Guinness annoying ONCE (even though he deserved it a few times), he let him chew on his hand for a solid five minutes and LAUGHED about it and played with him and pet him and showed him a general fondness. And Guinness seemed to take a liking to him as well, going so far as to lay himself across his chest and tuck his head under his chin, a maneuver he typically only reserves for me.

HUGE points in his favor. I mean... huge.

AND! He respects my boundaries. I know! Who knew, right? Also, really cute.

Last night, as a matter of course, I informed him of my intent to keep him around for a while, adding in a warning that for exactly how long was up to him (ie - annoying, needy, and domineering behavior would land his ass right out on the curb.) He laughed and asked how I felt about high maintenance.

So here is the thing. I need a new nickname for lucky Bachelor #9. Because "#9" sounds... what? Tacky? Nondescript? Boring? Slutty? Therefore, if he is to spend any amount of time around me and thus, any amount of time on this hear blog, then I need a new name to call him.

Help?

4 comments:

sarah cool said...

Lord help me, but...

SHANNON'S LOVE POTION NUMBER 9

Jenny N said...

can we know is name or not?! That might help in the nickname department....

SLRd said...

Sarah - I was thinking LP being short for Love Potion #9 but does that not just kill you a little bit inside knowing what it is short for? It's good but it might be too painful.

Jennith - I was also thinking Roman, which would be a play on his last name and while I'm okay with friends knowing his name (call me) I don't really want to announce it here in case he has issue with it.

Also... I feel like I've said too much at this point and now I'm afraid I'll jinx it. Not because my gut instinct has gone away but because I can't really read this guy as well as I can most people, which can be seen as "ohh, mysterious" or as "uhh, trust issues?"

I'm choosing to view it simply as temporary. Also, date tonight. Whee!!

Duchess T said...

How about "Lucky" or "One of the Chosen"