Tuesday, February 26, 2008

MOVIN' ON UP

Today at 5 p.m. I got to see my new apartment for the FIRST. TIME. EVER. After waiting an ENTIRE. FREAKING. MONTH.

My coworker called me "trusting." I prefer the term "bat-shit insane."

It's working out for me so far.

Now, granted, for as perfect as this place looked on paper there were "issues". Actually only one issue and that was WHEN FOR THE LOVE OF FREAKING GOD AM I GOING TO GET TO MOVE INTO THIS DAMN PLACE ALREADY? Because, hi! New landlord? I know you were attempting to cater to me and attempting to make me happy and not, in fact, attempting to drive me the above mentioned "bat-shit insane," but really? All you managed to do was frustrate and infuriate me. Next time, I advise you to say "due to X, Y, and Z, I cannot guarantee your move-in date until March 1." And THEN, if plans change, you can SURPRISE me! And then I shall be wooed by your competence and people skills instead of forcing a smile during our often but brief interactions just to scream filthy obscenities at the phone the instant I hang up.

By the way, that last time... I was out of line. I mean truely. No one deserves to be called that even if it was behind your back. Also, my regards to your mother, whoever she may be.

But now, finally, I've seen the place. And now, finally, there is a set date for signing the paperwork. And now, finally, I'm moving in on March 1.

And then, FINALLY, I am getting my dog.

3 comments:

Tommy said...

w00t!

Jenny N said...

so, do you like the place though?

SLRd said...

Yes, I like the place.