Tuesday, March 11, 2008

SLEEPING ON IT

Today I spent a good hour at the Humane Society perusing the merchandise and playing with the beefcake I introduced you to yesterday. And yet, I remain dogless.

For now.

I promised myself I would sleep on it.

But the more I think about it, the more and more I'm totally digging his act. He doesn't walk well on a leash but I can teach him to heel. He (quite literally) bounces off the wall but I think he'll calm down some with a snipping (if you catch my drift), some good exercise to tire him out, and a bit of redirecting (lets say frisbee?). He doesn't bark much. In fact, the only time he barked was when I walked away from him the first time. He's willing to submit to me. He's absolutely freaking adorable. (Go ahead. Check him out again. I'll wait.)

And to make matters worse (?) I think I might have already named him. No, I won't tell you what. Not until I get him and officially name him, and no, dear interwebs, you don't get a vote. I mean, you can all go ahead and send me your suggestions. Especially Michael. Because I haven't heard from you in a while and your comments always make me gleefull.

Not that I need help with that right now because, interwebs, I'm getting a dog!!! Pardon me while I girl out on you all. EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDOGGYDOGGYDOGGYWOOF!!!!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Jenny N said...

oooh! Maybe Liesel can have a boyfriend....

Anonymous said...

I was going to make a comment on the last post about a name for him, but I thought it would have been a bit presumptuous of me. Also, I tried to post the comment three times and it wouldn't let me.

I was going to suggest something along the lines of Chauncey, because The Dog looks a bit like what I think a proper British butler would look like if he were a dog. Did that sound weird? Is it even weirder that that's pretty much how I named my cat Jameson?

Is it proper English to use "that that's"?

Have I asked too many questions?

Anyhow, kudos on having the presence of mind to spend some time thinking about whether or not you're in the right place (financially, physically, and mentally) to get a dog. I didn't have a whole lot of choice in the cat choice, but it turned out for the best.

Also, you might want to look into clicker training. I ended up training my cats a little bit, and it wasn't hard at all.

Anonymous said...

SUCCESS!!!

Duchess T said...

I love the beefcake!!!!