Sunday, March 30, 2008

GLEEFUL

Thursday evening, after a long day at the office, I finally bit the bullet. I finally, officially, signed up for match.com, "about me" section and all.

And since I know you're curious, this is what I decided on:
I think I'm attractive and I've been told I have a great smile, which might be why I think it's my best feature. I'm about 5'6" with chin-length brown hair and I recently started trying to get into shape with the help of my dog, Guinness, who I walk at least twice a day. I'm looking for someone who has similar interests to my own, however, I'm open to new places, thoughts, and ideas. I'm always willing to learn. Physically, I tend to find myself drawn to tall, stocky brunettes and love a clean, well-trimmed beard. However, I love personality and if you've got it, you could be 5'6" and blond. I love to laugh so a good sense of humor is a must. I prefer beer to wine, I'm at my most comfortable in jeans, and I'm not afraid to get my hands a little dirt but I clean up well when given the opportunity.

I thought that sounded a little less frightening than Barnes' version, true as it may well be.

I've been signed up since Thursday, four whole days, and as of about an hour ago, I have two dates for next weekend. (I'll wait while you all do a jig on my behalf.)

It certainly helps that I am such a charming conversationalist. (Stop laughing. I really am.)

And one of these gentleman knows I have a blog (Hi Ryan!). And an adoring public (Hi Tiff!). And that nothing is sacred*.

It should been an interesting week.


*(Ed. Note: Oh yeah. That link might not be work appropriate. (Que maniacal giggling))

6 comments:

Jenny N said...

go Shannon! yeah dates!

Tommy said...

Congrats on the dates.

But a little warning about the links you include would be nice. That may have ruined my entire week.

Why do pictures like that even exist? Seriously, planning and a lot of money went into that.

Ick.

SLRd said...

Can't breath... laughing... too... hard....

Duchess T said...

I may adore you but please don't ever, and I mean EVER, subject me to Burt Reynolds again.

Have fun on your dates. Do they have blogs? (I would like to get to know them too.)

Jenny N said...

I, thankfully, hovered over the link, saw that it was called something like "dumbass_Burt_Reynolds_dumbass" and declined to click.

Qzorp said...

Aww. I feel so proud all of a sudden. I'm glad to see the joy of Burt spreading, so to speak.