Monday, March 17, 2008

DANGEROUS CONFESSIONS

So maybe it's because my hormones are going ape shit, or because I was seriously miffed at the Distraction this weekend (who I'm technically not seeing but.. yeah, whatever), but I started thumbing through the internet dating scene this weekend just sort of seeing who was out there.

Namely match.com.

Shut up.

No, really. Shut the hell up.

And here's the thing. For as awkward and uncomfortable as I am about the whole scene, I found several guys I wouldn't mind being friends with and maybe even casually dating. And, let's be honest, I'm not really getting anywhere with the guys I hang out with now. Particularly when ED deems it necessary that he give me dating advice and in particular, advice that involved me changing who I am.

Bite me, Ed.

No, really. Bite me.

And yet again, dear interwebs, I'm asking for your assistance. Because in order to create a profile I have to describe myself, something I've NEVER been good at doing because it's stupid and awkward and bahhh. Which is why I'm calling for your help. How would you describe me to someone else?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Read my blog. I have your profile.

Jaymie said...

Umm...you are creative, artistic, witty, humorus, more complex than most people think, sometimes emotional, independent, loving, caring, a critical thinker, kinda set in your ways a bit, a world traveler, straight forward, snarky at times, sassy, religous, well read, well spoken, educated, opinionated, and when it comes to our relationship...sometimes bitchy, but in a sisterly way that only works for us... How does all that sound?

SLRd said...

If you want to read what Barnes wrote about me, go on and click on the EriK (with a K) B. link under the funny (pretentious) friends header at the bottom on the right.

Jenny N said...

hahaha, Ed giving you dating advice...I'm so glad I witnessed that.

Duchess T said...

I concur with Bean. She got it perfect!! You can let them know that you are AMAZING and your sisters will back you up!!!!!