Thursday, May 10, 2007

TALKING TO MYSELF

I tend to over think stuff. You could even go so far as to say I'm quite good at it. Beyond compare even.

And it's when I start to over think things that I begin to doubt things I know to be true and solid facts. Things like: "I look cute today," or "2+2=4." That sort of stuff.

But today! In a fit of brilliance! I thought to myself and I said, "Self. What if you downloaded an audio book... say, Interview With A Vampire (Which I have attempted to listen to the whole way through for SEVERAL years now... And it isn't like it's boring. No, in fact, I was so intrigued on a car ride home once that I MISSED MY EXIT and ended up going 10 miles out of my way). You can listen to it on your definately NOT NEW iPod becasue someone didn't think you needed a new one when your old one still works fine, who the hell cares if the are now smaller and play videos?"

Then I thought back to myself, "Oh my god! Self! You... are brilliant!" (The other voice in my head, the one that responds back, it might like the exclaimation point a tad too much.)

So there you have it folks. I... am brilliant! Self told me so and she NEVER lies to me.

Unless I give her time to over think. Then she just turns into a heinous bitch.

No comments: