Wednesday, May 09, 2007

SHOULD

Today was a day fit for those ooey, gooey Warm Delights.

It just did not end: from the "you've-got-to-be-shitting-me" meetings to the "my-design-skills-will-REALLY-be-expanded-answering-phones" job description addition. I feel like I got thrown to the freaking wolves today.

Not to mention the bleeding. And the cramping.

I hate my job. I'm not particularly fond of my life right now either. Nothing is going as planned. I should have a job in Columbus that I actually sort of like with an apartment all my own and a dog to take care of and love and cuddle. I should get paid more, have benefits and a vactaion plan, and be taking pottery classes at the local community center. I should be preparing for a trip to visit my sister or going camping and hiking or a vacation to some state I've never been. I should have a little herb garden growing on my window sill in matching, individual serving size, terra cotta pots.

Despite how it might sound, I'm not nearly as pissed off or upset as I was earlier today... like around 10 this morning (right about the time I found out about the phone thing and I was certainly in no mood to hide my sour expression from my boss who also told me if I'm going to call in sick - and never once when I called in did I say I was sick - I should do it the day of, not the day before to which I'm sure that same expression brighted DRAMATICALLY).

I'm actually quite pensive now. Contemplative, if that makes it sound better.

I could probably use some encouragement.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think you should look into getting a job out here, maybe at my company. We have great benefits, very good pay, and I would love for you to grow me fresh herbs in terra cotta pots on the windowsill. (I too have always wanted to do this. I am serious!!)

Your boss is an idiot and at least when you answer the phone you can be sickeningly sweet to the people on the other end. I have found it makes them nervous. Life is about the little victories after all.