Thursday, June 05, 2008

WHILE WE WAIT (PATIENTLY) FOR OUR REGULARLY SCHEDULED PROGRAMMING..

... I thought I might embarrass someone else for a little while and share with you a conversation I had with the Distraction this morning.

And scene:

"No, you'll give him a key at some point so he can 'help you' by letting Guinness out and, if he's smart AT ALL, he'll use that key to break into your apartment and have a nice candle-lit dinner and some flowers waiting for you when you get home."

"Sounds like you're talking from experience?"

"Hell, yeah. I did that for Ex-girlfriend. I parked around the block so she didn't know I was there and put flowers in front of her garage door so she had to bend down to pick them up. Then she walked into the front door and I was there waiting with dinner set out and candles lit. It was perfect."

"Did you get laid that night?"

"That night?! I got laid that instant. Let me tell you, skirts are the way to go."

4 comments:

Dove said...

Can I meet distraction?
And then leave the Wedding Date for him?

SLRd said...

You can meet him, but he is a) nearly 10 years your senior, b) an uber nerd, and c) not really into the ladies with tattoos and piercings.

Duchess T said...

Are we done waiting patiently yet?????

Michael said...

My best friend and I once broke into a house that his (now) fiancee was living in in order to surprise her with a cleaned kitchen and a cooked dinner. Not having the key to the place, we ninjaed our way into a second floor window. She was, to say the least, surprised.

I'm the best man at the wedding.