Tuesday, February 20, 2007

TOLD YOU SO

It is a well stated (albeit underestimated) fact that Bean does not take well to teasing. Man Friend had been THOROUGHLY warned about this trend. But that stubborn ass swore up and down, left and right, that he and Bean had a report, an understanding if you will.

My ass they did.

So Saturday while driving Bean home to fetch her car so she could head to an appointment with the florist, Man Friend did something very stupid. We were playing a favorite game with Bean, namely trying to disgust her (which is not at all difficult to do), when Man Friend decided she was tough enough to take a little teasing.

Man Friend told my sister she was easy.

You could hear the collective groan as it exited his mouth. He knew instantly that he done just effed it ALL up. The silence that followed was RESOUNDING. She didn't say a word. She just stared out the window, the pressure building.

It took a moment but I jumped to her rescue. I pointed out that Man Friend? HE should not be talking about who is easy in that there vehicle because oh my God is he a whore. And a hermaphrodite (not really but that didn't stop us from telling my sister that... he even offered to show her. She passed.) And the storm... it passed by without incident.

And I realized something. Maybe the reason Bean does not take so well to the teasing, beyond other reasons, is because she's not so quick on her toes with the comebacks. Now, I'm not saying that Tiff and I are the funniest people in the world because we aren't (though I am W-A-Y funnier than she is), but we have managed to hold our own in this family. No small feat, might I add.

I don't have to tell you how I rubbed THAT little incident into Man Friend's face, because I was right and he was so very close to feeling the wrath of one of my father's children, punishment enough I suppose for such a transgression, but the man have enough work ahead of him just trying to keep me happy. BECAUSE I AM A PLEASURE TO BE AROUND.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

ONE: I am SUPER WAY funnier than you! But you are a damn close second! xoxoxo
TWO: Stewie what the hell were you thinking??!?!!? She can kill with those silences. (We've seen it happen.)
THREE: Great insight into Bean. I think you are right. She has always had a hard time laughing at herself and thus deflating the teasing person's power. (I think it is because she is the baby.)

Stewie almost got an ass whoopin! He should listen to you better by now.

SLRd said...

You would THINK that but we have to remember here that he IS a boy, therefore not as smart as girls.

It's true. I said it.

Anonymous said...

I second it!

Anonymous said...

It just would have been more funny if you did not say it to her.

Timing, my friend, is everything.

Jaymie said...

Trust me, I can take the teasing and I am quick with the comebacks. It is just a matter of who I decide to waste my time on...