Tuesday, February 06, 2007

THIS IS GOING TO BE ONE BIG OLE BITCHFEST

Oh my shit, I have needed to pick my nose since 3:30.

By that time I'd be on the road since 2:30. Around 6:30 I finally got home. IT. IS. A. 30. MINUTE. DRIVE.

Thirty. Three, oh. Half of ONE hour. NOT 4 MOTHER EFFING HOURS.

In the time it took me to drive the less than 25 miles home in the snow that shut down this goddamned excuse of a city, my windshield wipers? The motor burnt out.

They are no more.

They refuse to go swish.

It was my own fault really. I pushed them too hard.

DESPITE the fact that I had the defrost on high the entire ride home, much to my own personal discomfort since it was 13 degrees, about 13 more than it was this morning when I left for work, they iced up anyway. And that ice kept building right down in the crevise between the windshield and the hood of the car. And then up onto the wipers themselves. But I could still see and traffic WAS moving (albeit at 5 miles an hour) and I didn't get out to scrap it off. And then, with one mile left to go (and traffic at a perpetual standstill) they stopped moving. And then I smelled burnt rubber. F**k. F**k,f**k,f**k. Double bloody effing f**k.

That is when I started crying. I made it through the first 3 hours without crying.

Ohhh, WHAT?! That's right. Do that math. One mile left. 4 hours total. Only 3 hours gone? F**KING HELL SHIT HOLE SUCK!!!

THEREFORE, I'm taking a personal snow day tomorrow. I have to get my car fixed. SCREW YOU WORK PLACE WHO LET ME LEAVE EARLY BUT REQUIRED I USE PERSONAL TIME TO DO IT. I give you my danty middle finger.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

In cases like that you are best advised to keep the heat off as much as possible. Heating the glass only causes the snow to melt and then suddenly freeze in conditions which your car heater cannot effectively compete with. That is all.

Ed