Sunday, April 06, 2008

MY WEEKEND

So let me tell you about my weekend. Bachelor #3? I ended up meeting him and several of his friends on Thursday night at the bar.

Oh. My. God.

He was so painfully awkward it hurt. HURT. Seriously, who the hell is stupid enough to invite a woman HE JUST MET to sit on his lap or, later, to join in the proposed wet t-shirt contest several of his white ass trash friends are teasing about having? I... am appalled. Disgusted. More than mildly annoyed. So I cancelled Sunday because, son, please.

The other two dates weren't bad. They just weren't what I was looking for.

So... yeah. Lackluster at best. Plus one very idiotic, moronic, stupid-ass hick. And now I'm feeling lonely. Because some of this made me realize a little bit of what I might want. And oh, surprising, it's a little bit of what I can't have.

Seems like a familiar theme.

6 comments:

snugglesincincy said...

Shannon, I am very proud of you for going on these dates and putting yourself out there. Whatever you do, don't lower your standards! Never settle, it's not worth it. Besides, sometimes you have to kiss a few frogs...

SLRd said...

Oh, there was no kissing. Are you kidding me? A wet freaking t-shirt contest? Bahhhh.

But thank you for being proud of me. I could use the encouragement.

rachel said...

dude...
i'm proud of you too. proud that you know what you want and you're not afraid to say no to what you don't want. it's something i struggle with, so you're a step ahead of me. i've met far too many bachelor #3s, and unfortunately i'm just learning how to say no to them. keep being you, and i'll keep hoping that one day i can be a little more like you:)
rachel

Jenny N said...

Yes, I concur with Sara and Rachel. Don't compromise what you want! Now you just know what you don't want, right? :)

SLRd said...

Hah! I'm getting mad props for going on a few dates and getting fed. This rocks!

Duchess T said...

You deserve mad propr for putting yourself out there. Don't laugh us off we love you! "course, what's not to love???

I'm glad you didn't enter the wet t-shirt contest. You would've put them all to shame and there would've been destroyed souls let in your wake. You are kind....and classy!