Monday, December 31, 2007

2008

In case you didn't know because of some wildly obnoxious reason, tonight is New Year's Eve 2008, and, as is my wont, I have several resolutions that I'm going to share with you because, I'm hoping, successful or not, they provide some great blog fodder later on in the year.

Here's hoping.

Resolution One: Typical though it is, one of my resolutions focuses on losing some weight, because, let's face it children, I am plump. BUT rather than making a big to do of, "I want to lose 300 million pounds in five minutes," I'm forming a more complete, two-part goal:
  1. I shall begin working out EVERY morning. Why yes, this does mean dragging my ass out of bed an hour earlier every morning (and about 5 hours earlier every weekend) BUT! it also means an energetic kickstart to my day as well as a boosted metabolism.


  2. I will being lifting weights 3 days a week. Since I'll be taking care of the cardio in the morning, I'll be able to focus some of my energy on bulking up on the reps in the evening hours after work.


Resolution Two: I will move the HELL out of this god awful apartment what with the neighbors and all, and into my First Official Big Girl Apartment. Now, technically, I realize the apartment I'm in is my First Official Big Girl Apartment but it was only ever meant to be temporary and it feels it. Hell, my mattress is still ON THE FLOOR. I am still, technically, living out of a suitcase because THAT is the only place to store my unmentionables. No dresser and a mattress on the floor does not a big girl make. A headboard, bed skirt, and dresser? Yes, please.

Resolution Three: I will visit Dan in Guatemala. Luckily, I now have some potential travel buddies. (Three to be exact. You're welcome, Mom and Dad.)

Resolution Four: I will save for and purchase a motorcycle. Oh, and I will also get my license so I can ride said motorcycle.

Resolution Five: I will make an attempt (or at the VERY least explore my options) at travel writing, seeing how it's the only career I think I have ANY real incling to do (more on that later, like another post kind of later).

Yeah. Five sounds like a good, solid number to me. Ohhh, except:

Resolution Six: I will finally design and set up my web portfolio so that WHEN I get a chance to get the hell out of here, I CAN.

So there you have it kids. Six wholesome, wholey doable resolutions to keep me occupied well into 2008.

Also, as a new 5 year goal (though I certainly hope it doesn't take that long because suck!) is to get a new, awesome job (preferably one I can do from anywhere in the world... like TRAVEL WRITING) and move to Seattle. No, I'm not sure why Seattle but if I ever do move to the west coast, it would be north. Also, while there, I would like to date some rough and tumble Canadian mountaineer.

Um, yeah. I'm a H-U-G-E fan of guys who work with their hands. Seriously, the two sexiest things a guy can say to me, in order of importance, are:
  • I have a 401K plan.

  • Let me build you something.


And shut the hell up Matt:E, the 401K thing does NOT make me shallow because I am not looking for HIM to take care of ME, I'm much more interested in someone who is smart enough and forward thinking enough to make HIMSELF secure. So bite me, buttmunch.

You heard me!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Matt has no grounds to call anyone shallow.

SLRd said...

Oh SNAP!

Anonymous said...

Cool goals. Keep striving. I think you'd be good at travel writing. I miss ya. Gimme a call sometime.

SLRd said...

Ew, okay. By Canadian mountaineer, I did not mean a mounty. JUST FOR THE RECORD.

Anonymous said...

Hey, Matt E here, just checking in to see how the 6 resolutions are going a quarter of the way into '08.
And, wow, I'm glad to see someone had the courage to anonymously criticize me. The person is obviously an acquaintance of mine and, I got to say, expressing their feelings in this manner is pretty hurtful.