Sunday, December 09, 2007

HAPPY (EARLY) BIRTHDAY TO ME

Friday afternoon, a coworker who happens to be the Distraction's boss asked if we were dating. We aren't and I told her so. She seemed disappointed but she told me that she had plans to give the Distraction what I thought were some coupons so he could take me out for my birthday since she wasn't going to be around to use them. I told her that wouldn't be a problem since we are friends and do hang out when time and work permits.

The Distraction just called. Apparently, what I thought was a coupon is actually a gift certificate worth $175 to the Cincinnatian, a four star, four diamond hotel and restuarant where, according to the menu they have online, a STEAK, a prime ribeye with gratin of potato, shallot marmalade, and beef jus, costs $51. FIFTY ONE DOLLARS. Hell, the cheesecake costs $12.

I mean, god damn.

She must really want us to hook up. I mean REALLY really. I don't even know what to think.

Aw shit. What the hell am I going to wear?

2 comments:

Duchess T said...

Something fabulous!!!

Anonymous said...

Find out if there's a dress code for the fancyschmancy. If not, breaching experiment.

I'm thinkin' Halloween costume.