Tuesday, August 15, 2006

YET ANOTHER VICE

I LOVE caramel.

No. No, wait. LOVE is not a strong enough word to truely express the depths of my feeling about that tan, sugary substance. Alas*, I do not care for caramel on its own. It must be delicately coupled with another to bring about it's truely glorious nature. A coupling such as apples, chocolate, coffee products, or the salty tang of sweat off a naked body.

This is why Nestle Treasures are my FAVORITE CANDY EVER IN THE WHOLE WIDE WOLRD, AMEN. (OH MY GOD, do you SEE that image at the top of the linked page with the chocolate and the caramel and the lighting so pristene on the beautiful oozing center? Knees: weak. Heart: fluttering. MUST. HAVE. CANDY.)

The reaction you see above is also why I do not allow myself to have Nestle Treasures. No self control. It's a real pity but better in the end for my ass if I stay away from the chocolatey, caramely sin.

I do, however, allow myself the caramel treat every now and again in the form of Starbucks (Boo! Damn the man! Down with the corporate giant! Blah, blah, blah! But have you TASTED a caramel frappuccino with no whip and extra caramel sauce?! And the angels came down and said unto the world, "Bask ye sinners in the glory that is a frappuccino." - At least that's how I remember it happening.)


*I really did just use 'alas'. You may commense with the calling me a pretentious bitch.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

1.) The sweat off of a naked body.....'m telling Mom and Dad.
2.) I do not believe you to be a pretentious bitch for using 'Alas" because I use it too. Ok so we are both pretentious. I can live with that.
3.) The candies do rock and are you aware that there is an ice cream called Peak Treasures that is based on the candy???
4.) Long live the Starbucks frappuccino!!!!!

Jenny N said...

sweat off a naked body?


are you kidding me?

SLRd said...

Yes Jenny. It was meant as a joke. Actually, it was mostly meant to get my sister's response.

Sweet Moses there is a Nestle Treasures ice cream? Is it a Ben and Jerry's thing? Me want.

Anonymous said...

It's a Hood ice cream.
I will send you the link via email. How loves you more than ice cream?????? Me!!!!

Anonymous said...

Your candies are just like Trinis. They're sweet on the inside and in a nice chocolate package.

SLRd said...

You aren't that tan my Caribbean man. At least, not as tan as chocolate and I'm pretty confident you don't taste as yummy. But good try!