Wednesday, July 23, 2008

AM NOT AMUSED

The city I live in, while not very big, has a downtown district that is undergoing revitalization. This has included the redesigning of an intersection to allow for traffic turning in all directions, updates to utility lines, sidewalk and road improvements, and a brand spanking new, brick-paved plaza that will only be utilized by skateboarders because this city refuses to invest in alternative means of youth entertainment (ie-a skate park).

I know all of this for several reasons, not the least of which being I LIVE "DOWNTOWN" (if you can seriously even call it that).

This week they began the final stages of paving the roadways they've had torn up for over a year. I understand that. I expect delays, but whoever is responsible for giving the go ahead to pave the main intersection THROUGH downtown during morning rush hour should be stripped down to his dingy, old tighty whiteys and PUBLICLY FLOGGED.

Also, I tore a hole in the back of my brown corduroy jacket that was hanging on the back of my chair when I sat down and yanked it (with my butt) across the corner of said chair.

I am unhappy about that as well. Must watch HGTV and stare at color chips to feel better (though I did promise Adam I would only make him paint the walls of the kitchen this weekend which will take us all of three hours tops, and that's if we move at a glacial pace. The cabinets I shall save for another day, though we did have a conversation last night that went something like this:
"Remember how I said the cabinets could stay white? I'm beginning to think they might look better in a soft cream."

"Of course you are."

THAT ISN'T A NO, AND IF YOU DON'T WANT TO HAVE WORK TO DO, DON'T TELL ME I CAN DO WHATEVER I WANT!)

1 comment:

Dove said...

your kitchen, or his?