Tuesday, January 09, 2007

THE PISSED OFF PARABLES, VOL. 1

Now, I am well aware that I'm not SUPPOSED to talk about work because.. ohhh, what if someone finds out and I get in trouble? Or even get fired? Well.. screw it. It isn't like I'm using this forum to libel my boss. I'm merely venting some frustration that I don't feel the inspiration to actually DO anything about (which arguable means I should just shut the hell up about it but this is my bloggity blog and I'll do whatever I damn well please, thank you VERY much).

  • Ever since I started back at this place I have felt this swelling of need. A need to run throughout the building, particularly MY department, screaming, "I AM NOT A BLOODY EFFING INTERN!"

    Granted, I am only with your company temporarily. Granted, I have previously been an intern at your establishment. But that is no more. I have graduated. And not only have I graduated, I even have a brandy new job title. You wouldn't PAY an intern what you're paying me (my past rate of pay being a singularly spectacular visualization of this) and if you would? Well, then you owe me a shit ton of money that I expect to be reflected in my next paycheck.

  • I also HATE when I have to stay late. I'm H-O-U-R-L-Y. And I cannot get overtime. That was sooo MY 10 minutes, damnit! It's a freaking pity I don't have it in me to be late in the morning.

  • THE quickest way EVER KNOWN TO MAN to piss me off is to tell me that I am not funny. Occassionally, I'm willing to forgive you of such an egregious error in judgement but you only get so many freebies. And you get none if I don't like you.

  • Sun glare. I like the sun. I particularly like it when it's a cool day and I can feel it soaking into my limbs. What I hate is the last (or first) 25ยบ where it's right in line with your windshield and your visors aren't doing shit to prevent the blinding splash of gold. This does not, however, really prevent me from speeding the entire way home despite the fact I can BARELY even perceive that car in front of me.

  • People who give me paperwork I needed YESTERDAY and then still expect the project to be fixed to their specifications. Screw you.

  • Clothing that doesn't look anything like what I think it should look like in my head. Plumming out in strange ways that give me the appearance of a front butt is not the way into my cold, bitter, little heart.

  • Not being able to fall asleep at night. I am bloody effing EXHAUSTED, yet once I pass that 7 o'clock mark, I cannot fall asleep until well after I would like to in order to be well rested/at all pleasant the following day. The thing is, from when I wake up UNTIL that mark.. I could fall asleep ANYWHERE. I have seriously almost fallen asleep on the toilet at work. How do you explain that?!


Yeah, I'm done. Fer now.

I do have a question though.

Does it make me a bad person that I find it endearing that Man Friend couldn't sleep at all last night because he was worried I was pissed off at him? I thought it was cute! Totally unnecessary, but endearing all the same.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Not to to nit-pick but, if you are hourly then you get paid for every moment you are there. Learn which pay cycle they are on. For example, most companies if you are present at 7 minutes after the hour you get paid for 1/4 hour. If you are not being paid by the time you are actually there then you are salaried and in essence, screwed. So work the system the best you can baby. It took years for me to be able to fall asleep at 10 and now that I can I wish I could stay up later.

Love you more than beer.
(Yeah I said it!)