Monday, February 16, 2009

I HAD AN ACCIDENT*

*I've decided I want to rename this post "THE SEXIEST SISTER". The story really just demands it.


If you've known me for any length of time, it shouldn't come as a big surprise that I don't have a very high tolerance for shame.

Unfortunately, I also happen to be almost 7 months pregnant. This means that everything inside my gut is crowded. Excessively crowded. So much so that even the slightest adjustment in her position means I'm generally struggling to inhale fully or skipping off to the bathroom for what typically doesn't equal much relief.

Even more unfortunately, I happen to have one hell of a head cold. A cold that leads to copious sneezing.

You may see where this is headed.

That's right. I sneezed. And because I'm nearly 7 months pregnant, that sneeze had the awful effect of making me pee a little. But apparently not little enough. Because I left a mark ON THE COUCH. And Adam just so happened to be sitting next to me. His initial concern as I jumped up yelling "goddamnit" turned to humor with a touch of slight disgust as he was made privy to my problem. I have to give him credit though. While I was busy changing my pants, he wiped up my spot and kept the mocking to a minimum.

And nothing says Happy Valentine's Day like cleaning up your loved one's piddle.

1 comment:

Duchess T said...

I did not curse you I swear!

Adam - thanks for your compassion.