Wednesday, February 04, 2009

EXCUSES

I took a mental health day from work today. Unfortunately I made this decision after ATTEMPTING to make it to work, seeing that the direction I needed to go on the highway was wall-to-wall traffic, attempting to turn around and go home only to have to repeatedly pull into driveways to turn around because all left turns anywhere I went seemed to be illegal, and then sliding into some guy's tail end as I pulled off an exit.

Yeah.

He was greeted by a crying, blubbering mess and decided that it wasn't worth it since no harm, no foul (There was no damage to the back of his truck and I was such a mess I didn't even bother to look at the front of my car, and in fact, hours later, still haven't.) and let it go at an apology.

Which is a pretty good analogy for how I've been feeling recently. And also why I haven't been writing.

I'm stressed. I'm overwhelmed. I haven't felt like I've gotten a reprieve from any of it. So the stress just builds and builds until something little and insignificant, something that doesn't really cause any damage, happens and I'm a blubbering mess. All of which makes it very difficult to be funny and entertaining. And to top it off, I'm beginning to feel like what I have to say about me doesn't really matter to people anymore. I'm beginning to feel like my worth is getting wrapped up in how Baby Punchass is doing, and she isn't even here yet.

But that doesn't make that statement any less selfish, so just add another dose of guilt to what I'm already feeling.

It's hard to even feel like writing anything, let alone trying to be funny and entertaining when I'm feeling like this. And I don't know how to make it stop.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Call upon the mighty power of GUEST BLOGGING!

Duchess T said...

I'm glad you weren't hurt this morning. ry to relax. Maybe just take 10 minutes to sip tea and stare off into space. Don't forget to watch some comedies. They'll help raise your mood.
xoxoxo

SLRd said...

Michael are you offering to guest blog?

sarah cool said...

sorry, sweet pea. I'm thinking good thoughts your way. And you're going to be one kick-ass mother, even if you get stressed and cry. Totally acceptable.

Anonymous said...

Lets call it a guest blog challenge. It's like a matching grant on your NPR fund raising week. I'll blog if other people blog.

NPR FUND RAISER FOR SANITY (and cookies)!!

Anonymous said...

Or I could cry on you. My tears do cure cancer. Who knows what else I'm capable of?