Thursday, November 06, 2008

TIS ONLY A FLESH WOUND

Today I made a damn fine attempt at cutting a large chunk of my thumb off, and now they're threatening to take my X-acto blades away.



But don't fret. Once we realized we couldn't stop the bleeding, my coworker took me to an Urgent Care and some charmingly smart-assish doctor glued it back together. And now I'm not allowed to get it wet for 48 hours.



Washing my hair might prove to be a bit of a challenge.



Adam would like it pointed out that this is not a case of domestic violence since he has a rather air-tight alibi. He was at work. As was I. I would like it to be pointed out that I managed to not bleed all over my sweater despite my thumb's rather valiant effort otherwise. Because I'm a professional. So kids, don't try this at home.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. Quite a little cut you've got there.

Not even a drop of blood on your sweater? Why do you have to be such a girl about it! I'm sure you didn't take any notice of it, and just called it 'a little nick' while any reasonable man would scream at the top of his lungs, say he's dying from lack of blood and that he'll never live a normal life again.

I guess what I'm trying to say is this... you should have made more of a fuss and reap the benefits!

Hope it heals quickly!

Tommy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tommy said...

So BOTH of you were at work! That puts you in the same place! Sounds indeed like an airtight alibi...FOR GUILT!

Sorry.

But wow. Way to savage your thumb. If I was your thumb, I wouldn't want to assist in washing your hair anymore.

Jerk.

Jenny N said...

eww...those pictures made me shudder.