Wednesday, November 26, 2008

A GLIMPSE INTO OUR PARENTING STYLE

"HE PEED ON THE FRICKIN' BED!"

"I know. I'm sorry."

"What? Why are you sorry?"

"I should have let him out before we came upstairs."

"I don't care! He P-E-E-D on the frickin' bed. I think we should crate him for the night.

"That's what I was thinking."

"If that little shit is going to act like a puppy, I'm going to treat him like a damn puppy."

(LATER)

"So wait... When exactly did the peeing start?"

"When I grabbed his collar to yank him off the bed."

"You mean when he whimpered?"

"Yeah."

"So he was scared at the time?"

"Possibly."

"... Okay, I feel guilty now because he did it submissively."

"It is not going to hurt him to spend the night in his crate."

"Right."

"..."

"You realize we're going to have these same sort of conversations about Kid-Thing?"

"And it won't hurt him to sleep in the crate either." (Okay. So he didn't really say that last part but I'm sure it was only because he didn't think of it at the time.)

No comments: