Friday, August 22, 2008

THWARTED (BUT I LOVE YOU MORE)

Adam, silly, crazy boy that he is, revealed to me last night that when I call him at work and end the phone conversation with an "I love you," he feels obligated to repeat it lest he deal with my wrath (DESPITE ME TELLING HIM A "YOU TOO" WOULD SUFFICE). This was unfortunate yesterday because a coworker overheard him and oh. The shit, it was copious (as well it should have been).

And because I am evil, this made me giggle.

Also because I'm evil and because I leave for lunch earlier than he does, I decided to call him as I was making my way to my car.

"Hello?"

"I was just calling to say I love you."

"Oh. Well in that case, I love you, too."

"You're not in the office, are you?"

"Nope!"

"DAMNIT!!!"

4 comments:

Adam said...

For the record, a "You too", or "me too" wouldn't suffice and you know it! I could go Han Solo and just answer "I know" but I think I'm going to make up random code phrases. So when I reply, "The new moon rises in the North" you'll know that I love you... and I'm an uber-geek.

SLRd said...

I will only know that you love me if you say so.

Michael said...

Possible filler phrases:

No, the peaches are not ripe.
Yes, I put it under the sink.
The chicken is in the hen-house.
The pigeons fly at midnight.
The tide rises early.
Dinosaurs were big boned.

Jenny N said...

presh.