Saturday, August 23, 2008

GULLIBLE

I will be leaving for Guatemala in a week.

I am not prepared.

BUT I am attempted to prepare and that included running to Walgreens for the THIRD FREAKING TIME (because they hadn't processed the prescription I had dropped off two hours prior and I'm sorry ma'am can you wait 15 more minutes? I couldn't. I went home for a few more hours to stew.. and watch Hairspray.. and I owe Adam an apology and probably a kidney for THAT little monstrosity). Ahem. Anyway, we ran to Walgreens to pick up my malaria medication. I paid. Adam picked up several other things. He paid. With a card. And felt the need to peck at the touchpad without the use of the styllus.

I pointed out this error.

"I don't need a styllus! I am a technological genius. I actually took a class in college on using a keypad without needing a styllus."

"You what? Really?"

"No! I can't believe you feel for that!"


We continued walking across the parking lot and the conversation naturally turned to my impending leaving and said lack of preparations (except, you know, the one.)

"You know, the bad thing about this malaria medication is it's a suppository."

"Oh my God. That's AWESOME! Is it really?"

"No. And by the way, you are a sick, sick bastard for being excited by that."

1 comment:

Duchess T said...

Screw the sytlus! I use my fingernail and it works just as good, while adding tot he frustration of the clerk. HA HA