Thursday, September 21, 2006

WORKER PRODUCTIVITY

So I noticed something this morning. I am WAY less likely to procrastinate if I have to get up EFFING EARLY IN THE DAMN MORNING (6am). I seriously got a lot done, and all before noon. I didn't even know it was legal in this state to do much of anything before noon. I...

... did a two hour training session at work on a new POS system AND got paid for it (this was the entire reason I even got up that early at all).
... bought a case of beer for the party (in bottles because Man Friend is a beer snob). Just an FYI: They actually LET you buy beer at 9 in the morning.
... went to the bookstore which didn't open until 10 so I went to Old Navy instead (and spent some of Daddy's money).
... Half Price Books (I LOVE THIS PLACE MORE THAN I LOVE MY SPLEEN, and I have a pretty damn fine looking spleen.)(They have giftcards is all I'm sayin'.)
... DuBois bookstore to pick up the books Half Price didn't have (and spent some more of Daddy's money).
... PennStation small chicken salad sandwich without tomato and extra pickles.
... finally went home to blog about it all for your enjoyment and to take a nap before my class starts at 4.

I am seriously (about 18%) considering taking this up as a habit.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to get up before noon. Should I start calling you in the morning when I get up? Mark sleeps 20 minutes later than I do. Do you want him to call? We can help you develop this early morning habit if you would like. Shall I call you at 4:45 on Monday? Yes, that is 4:45 in the MORNING. It is still dark out. Pretty cool. XXXOOO

sarah cool said...

hahaha... I wake up at 5:30 AM every day to get to work at 6:30. I love it b/c I get off at 3:00, and I have bunches of DAYLIGHT to do 'real life' things, which is hard time to come by when you have a real job. At my old job, I had to work from 9-6, and it TOTALLY.SUCKED because in the winter, it would be darkish when I arrived, and pitch black dark when I left.

Anonymous said...

POS training was a freakin' waste of time. Video was dumb, roleplay was dumb. It could have been condensed into six words, "There's a new button, push it."