Tuesday, September 19, 2006

I WANT TO PUSH THE BUTTON

This weekend, I noticed a button on Rusty's old letterman jacket. It was a photo of him and 6 other guys (4 of which I recognize). In their band uniforms. It HAS to be early high school. They all look like they haven't even a whim of growing facial hair, even our own Dan D. the Human ChiaPet. Granted, some of them still haven't a whim but my point is they looked like they were twelve.

I stole this button. I put it on my purse. I look at this button because it makes me SO VERY HAPPY. And by happy, I mean tingly in all the right places. Seriously. I'm the first to admit I like 'em nerdy but I didn't quite realize how much until my eyes feasted upon high school band geek at its finest.

It isn't that I'm into younger men. I tried that (sorta). It failed (he was only a year younger than the youngest sister). Miserably (it might have something to do with the fact that he's a dick). Worse than miserably (and an asshole). I don't look at high school guys now and feel happy (more like annoyed). But the combination of knowing four of these guys now, knowing who and what they are today (a farmer, a doctor, an engineer, and a welder). My heart is all aflutter and my mind is racing to naughty, naughty thoughts (can I hold your welding torch?).

Rusty wanted the button back. I told him it made me want to take my clothes off. He's going to let me keep it.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

A farmer, a doctor, an engineer, and a welder, huh? It sounds like there should be a punch line in there some where.

If a button can do all that what would happen if he put on his old band uniform??? This is of course rhetorical. And something for Rusty to consider.

Jenny N said...

Shannon is all hot and bothered by band geeks. hahahahhahahaha....haha.

Anonymous said...

I look forward to hearing the story of how the band uniform made it into the town museum. Hmmmmmm

SLRd said...

He's just THAT special, or his mommy donated it.

Those are my guesses.

Anonymous said...

I will wait to hear from the Man Friend himself.

Anonymous said...

wait, except for the fact that you got dicked over, you would still look at high school boys for a good time?

and just cause i'm all whimless don't means i'm a not all growed ups.

-once a band geek now a farmer

SLRd said...

I'll believe you're all growed up Farmer Joe when I see it. And no, high school boys are not to my liking. Too stringy.