Monday, December 04, 2006

POSSIBLE CONCUSSION NO. 5?

I'm no longer allowed to drink when I have a cold. I had TWO (Killians and a mudslide) and it just affected me in weird ways and harder than it usually does. Let me explain.

Man Friend and I went down to Columbus on Friday night to meet up with some of his friends at GameWorks. Neither of us had ever been there? (not actually positive on that point) and we managed to arrive BEFORE everyone else even thought we got there an HOUR after they said they wanted to leave for the place and they all actually reside IN Columbus. To kill the time and because we could, we ended up playing some racing games, including one that you had to lay down on and it made your whole body vibrate. I won at that game. No comment on why.

The first of the dumb things to happen (which was actually overshadowed by the second) was Man Friend ventured off to do something so while I was alone I decided to play a Star Wars aircraft-of-some-sort-shoot-at-the-enemy-these-controls-are-REALLY-touchy game. I don't know how well I did at this game or if I got too terribly far but the last level I did play was hard and I was concentrating on the screen and just after the GAME OVER printed it self on the screen Man Friend yelled "boo" right behind my head. To say that I am easy to startle is an understatement but usually, in public situations, I have just barely enough control that I don't scream in terror outright. But normally, in public situations, I haven't been drinking with a cold.

I screamed. Loudly. Man Friend all but collasped in a fit of giggles (YES, YOU DO GIGGLE. Manly chuckle my ass).

The second of the two events I arguably did to myself. Man Friend was holding my hand and we were walking toward some game he wanted to play and I was concentrating hardcore on some picture taker contraption off to my right. I felt Man Friend's fingers slide from mine. Right before I felt the hard, cold smack of the gray metal pole colliding with my face.

I didn't hit ANY OTHER PART OF MY BODY. My FACE took the brunt force of it all.

Man Friend did good about stiffling the initial giggle and finding out if I was okay and l didn't hit it hard enough to bruise. I can't decide if that is fortunate or unfortunate yet because I could have had some fun explaining that bruise to people. But I don't bruise easily and probably would have had to hit it hard enough to cause a fracture to get anything worth talking about. Instead, now I just get to tell you all I was dumb and tipsy and I walked into a pole. But my face broke the fall.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Trini will fall off his chair when I tell him.Way to go Grace!

I mean, are you okay?

Sarah J. said...

Web Development