Saturday, January 10, 2009

SYMPTOM CHECKER

Oh.

Um, yeah. Hi.

So the blood pressure was better (not great, just better) on Friday which is relatively expected since I was freaking the hell out about it before going in there. (See: mah last post) What that means for you is Smackaboy Punchass McMadigan (yeah Barnes!) and I are fine. For now. It's a condition they would like to continue to keep an eye on because it can very quickly turn into Not Fine (ie - another appointment Thursday) so the nurse gave me several suggestions, including a list of symptoms to look out for.

Now, I don't know if you know this about me... but I'm a slight closet hypochondriac. What that means is that I don't typically freak out over your everyday, mundane, run-of-the-mill symptoms. Unless you give me a list of what to look out for. So that headache thing? I hadn't suffered a headache in WEEKS but lo and behold, it is now something I need to look out for so guess who's had a mild headache the last two days? BECAUSE I'M THINKING ABOUT IT CONSTANTLY. And guess who has a mild feeling of nausea because the doctor asked if I'd had any sudden vomiting? Yeah. That would be me. Who also DIDN'T mention to him the out-of-the-blue vomiting I did over Christmas because I didn't think of it at the time. WELL, I'M THINKING OF IT NOW.

Also blurred vision? Not really, unless you count that my prescription feels just a touch off. (They don't.) Or tingling in my fingers. (Not related.)

I guess what I'm attempting, rather unsuccessfully, to say is: I'm fine. Baby Punchass is fine. There is certainly a chance that we could both end up Not Fine, which is a limbo-like existence that can and is driving me insane, but I know what to look for. I've cut out ice cream (godDAMN I want me some ice cream) and I'm trying very hard to cut back on salt. I'm doing what I can with a (potential) condition I really have no control over.

And she's still enjoying kicking my bladder.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I WIN! BOO YAH! My thoughts and prayers are with you and little Smackaboy Punchass McMadigan

Jenny N said...

I'm glad you're feeling better, friend.

Duchess T said...

Try to relax darling. (I know, easier said than done) Maybe this will cheer you up.....I'll see you in March. Then I will tease you mercilessly until you pee your pants. :) Looking forward to that aren't you?!?!? xoxoxoxo