Wednesday, October 22, 2008

PHOTOS TO FOLLOW

After much consideration and careful debate (and because we just happened upon that particular end cap at Target), Adam and I decided that since Guinness is our oldest and original "kid" and we don't have much time left with him as the one and only, we would do something special for him. Something that would create memories for years to come. Something that will involve pictures. And humiliation. And probably a lot of emotional scarring.

We're going to dress him up for Halloween.

And note when I say "we decided", what I really mean that I decided. And when I give you those flamboyant and silly excuses, I really mean I'm doing it because I'm mean. Very, very mean.

I'm not ashamed to admit that it was quite the long and drawn out process to pick out exactly which of the many, many costumes best represented the holy terror that is my dog, because, see, I wanted to dress him up like a skunk. But they didn't have his size. So then it became a debate between the hotdog, the pirate, or the chicken.

The hotdog was deemed inappropriate, not because he's not a wiener, but because it would be too easy for him to remove, thus ending our hilarity far too soon. The pirate outfit was then nixed because it was made of sub-par materials and didn't have a hat. (Guinness hates hats. This will be important later.) So, dear interwebs, we were left with the only logical choice. A chicken.

Now, I wasn't going to make any attempt to put him in said outfit until Halloween day when we would be handing out candy to the few ambitious trick-or-treaters that even bother to canvas Adam's neighborhood, but after work today Adam and I were both feeling a bit naughty and we decided to make Guinness try on the hat.

In case you missed it before, Guinness does not like hats. Or clothing at all for that matter.

I held him upright while Adam struggled to shove his ears through the tiny holes, his black body writhing about, teeth flaring idle threats, tossing his head.

Hehe. Halloween is gonna be awesome.

3 comments:

Jenny N said...

I'm glad you did not go with the hot dog costume, as that is totally inappropriate.

Duchess T said...

MUST.HAVE.PICTURES!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

avail the opencart development services from one of the best opencart development comapany in the USA that offers the premium opencart development services at a cost lowest in the USA opencart is much essential for the management of an e-commerce store and comes with a wide range of the built in features much needed to manage an e-commerce store visit to learn more