Wednesday, November 29, 2006

I USED TO LOVE HER, BUT I HAD TO KILL HER

I think Man Friend is secretly repressing urges to kill me. He keeps having dreams about me that involve me in danger or some resemblance of pain. The first time I thought it was cute, almost charming, how worried he was but after the second attempt on my life, albeit in dream form, I'm beginning to question.

I can only hope he's smart enough to take out a life insurance policy on me first.

Now, I know most people aren't really interesting in the dreams of others because they rarely make sense and are often just utterly ridiculous but THESE dreams are about me and what the hell else am I doing blogging other than talking about myself? Honestly.

The first of these dreams occurred some weeks ago, maybe two, and I was actually present for this one. I was laying next to Man Friend, perfectly content in my own dreams when he woke me up by pulling me into a hug. Don't get me wrong. I like me some hugs but not if they require me waking up to receive them.

Then he whispered into my ear, "are you okay?"

This was not the "are you okay?" that actually translates to, "you're not mad at me, are you?" or the, "damnit woman, will you stop fidgeting?" He was scared.

"I'm fine. Why?"

He proceeds to tell me he just had a dream in which I was beaten up and he couldn't do anything to help me.

"Awww. That's cute. I'm fine. Can I go back to sleep now?"

The latest dream involved me witnessing a mob murder. He was trying to hide me in his parents basement because the mob was trying to kill me. Some of his buddies, particularly guys he goes shooting with, were defending the fort and one of them noticed someone moving outside. Thinking it was a mob guy here to kill me, the friend shot the intruder... only to find out it was my dad.

"You killed my dad?!"

"I didn't do it! Zayne shot him."

"So you had my dad killed?"

"No!"

"Yes, you did! Why don't you like my dad?"

"Please don't tell you dad about this. It probably wouldn't be good for family relations."

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't belive Stewie had his friend with no Y kill dad! That's it! You are not getting a Christmas card now mister. And I think you owe dad an apology.

(Shan-way to keep this to yourself girl.)

SLRd said...

He didn't tell me to keep it to myself. He told me not to tell dad and I haven't told dad.

He doesn't think dad died in the dream, just that he took one for the team.

Anonymous said...

Well that changes everything. Way to go Dad!

Lord of the Barnyard said...

you said handle

SLRd said...

You did say handle. It's true. I was there.